Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Fort's Rope

 When I posted The Fort on my blog, I left it hanging with a mystery,what was the rope for?
I believe this post will answer .

My brother moved the fort's entire location and reattached the rope between two trees.  Next he found  an old chair of ours.  By popping a hole in the chair, he managed to string the rope (which he untied and retied) through.  Qua La!  A zip line!



Dakotah about to try his contraption.  The chair is a little unstable.
  
Success!

He is in his homemade hammock to celebrate after a few more wild rides.
(I personally prefer the hammock myself.)


Thank you for your notice, Cameron.







8 comments:

  1. I was looking forward to PART 2 of this post and enjoyed every word. :) That zip line is scary! Do you like the fort where it is now or where Kotah originally had it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also looking forward to this post. If you will tie the starting point up a little higher, I'll try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally I like the original position of the fort the best. It was right by a big bush and very cozy. The zipline needed another tree, however. It simply needed to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy, crazy zip line fun!!! But for this grandma, I think I'll just watch from the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your zip line! That would be so much fun to do...

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mystery solved. Amazing what a boy with a little (or maybe a lot of ingenuity) can create. . . and also, parents who let their kids experiment.So glad that your next post is not about a trip to the ER with a broken arm.

    ReplyDelete